Sunday, July 30, 2006

Destruction is our Beatrice

To begin a fiction seems to me an act of great daring. What temerity - to write, and a fiction! The temerity of inventiveness! Perhaps I am like those who distrust fiction writers who would usurp the place of God. But then I remember that certain fictional works are more like a destruction rather than a creation: the world is pared down, 'reduced' as is said in phenomenology, and now in such a way the author is the opposite of God.
From Spurious, which also discusses certain of those fictional works.

2 comments:

  1. After looking over your blog I understand your comment left for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do take it rather seriously :)

    John asked me for five answers too but hasn't posted them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.